Busy, sick, busy and not necessarily in that order...

As I poke my head out of the pile of Kleenex and see that the calendar says "February 7" I can hardly believe it. Has this year been flying by or what? I've gotten some things done, like a little ebaying (selling) and a little reading (see recommendation below) and even a weekend away at a fabulous Electric Arc Radio show. If you have the chance, check out one their very funny podcasts or stop by for a show if they are in your city or a city near you.

But there is still much, much more on my to do list.

While I sniffle, I thought I'd share the best book I've read this year with you. Of course, it is really only the second adult novel I've read this year (I think so far I've logged 14 young adult novels, but that is partly research, so it isn't entirely for pleasure.) The book is "Man Walks Into a Room" by Nicole Krauss. It is unnerving, emotionally raw, and eloquently speaks of the solitude that we all live in. Read it. And then read her other book "The History of Love" which was one of my favorite books from last year. I suggest reading both in bed, with a hot cup of tea and a handmade quilt to keep you warm.

And make sure to drink lots of orange juice, wash your hands often and if you must sneeze, please do so into the crook of your arm.

Comments

Popular Posts