The Best Kind

So many times in my life, I allow an agenda to focus me. I do this because of this. I complete this because then it will lead to this. I make this so that I can do this with it. I've been realizing more and more that lately, doing something for some predetermined outcome takes a big chunk of the joy out of the actual creating for me.

Today, while Oscar napped, I sat down and made a little stuffed for someone whose birthday it is today. It was such a pleasure to just sit and create and think of her enjoying what I had created just for her. I wasn't thinking about anything but the simplicity of creating and doing beautiful work and knowing it will belong to someone who is special to me. It was just about transferring a little piece of me into someone else's life. To me, that is the best kind of crafting/creating/art.

Comments

Popular Posts