Lean, Green Cleaning Machine


Oscar loves doing chores around the house...especially cleaning. And we hate to get in the way of such a thing. But we don't want him cleaning and scrubbing and mopping with just any old mix of chemicals and yuck. We've found some great "green" cleaning options that don't pollute our rivers and streams and yet do lather and get things squeaky clean.

Some of our favorite green options include method and goodnest which can be be purchased at most Target stores. My favorites are probably the method tub+tile spray (yummy minty fresh scent that lingers in the air) and the goodnest dish shop in plum grapefruit (if you have to dishes, it might as well smell like a fruit smoothie!)

A few other green options for cleaning supplies include Caldrea, Mrs. Meyers and Seventh Generation.

So if your little ones (or you for that matter) like to clean as much as my little clean and green thumb, at least you can feel good knowing no one is licking up Comet and Ajax residue.

P.S. Don't forget to recycle your empty bottles!

Comments

African Kelli said…
My mom taught me long ago that the three greatest cleaning agents are bleach, vinegar and water. Mixed with a bit of elbow grease, I clean away.
(Bleach, not so much on the "green" scale, I know.)
L said…
O just threw his milk on the floor and yelled 'towel.' That's how much he likes to clean.
Anonymous said…
I can no longer find GoodNest at Target... I've heard it is discontinued, but I SO loved it!

Popular Posts