This is not a food blog...

And yet this will be my second post on food in as many days.

I had this delicious soup for lunch at a little potluck we had at school. And I liked it so much that I had to try to replicate it at home post haste.

Yummy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup

1 box Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice, prepared according to package instructions
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans vegetable broth
1 or 2 cans of mushroom pieces, depending on your tastes
1 tbsp of black pepper

That's the vegetarian version.

For the bacon-loving version, add the following

1 lb bacon, cooked and broken into pieces or if you are lazy, like me, a bag of precooked and shredded bacon pieces
2 cans chicken broth instead of the vegetable broth
2 tbsp of bacon grease (if you've got it, why not use it?)

Throw it all in a big soup kettle or your crockpot, heat it up and enjoy! It is especially delicious with some crusty bread to dip in it.

Comments

Popular Posts